The QuickStart meeting allows you to ask questions to a fee-only financial advisor online. You simply pay for advice and information, and you are not required to transfer assets, invest money, or buy any products.
With this arrangement, the incentive is to provide helpful information. You’re paying a fee to get answers—not for a product or service—so there’s no pushy sales pitch or “product of the day.” I still get paid no matter what you do with your money, so I don’t have any reason to hold back information or steer you toward certain solutions.
Highlights: One-Time Advice
This is a one-time financial advice solution. If you’re hesitant to turn your life over to somebody, you can still get professional guidance.
- Fiduciary advice: I’m required to put your interests first.
- No investment required: If you prefer to do it all yourself, that’s your choice.
- Discuss non-investment topics: Want to talk about your loan choices, insurance, retirement planning, or other topics? That’s great!
- Get investment reviews and advice: I can review what you’re currently doing and share my opinion along with any pointers that come to mind.
- Specific investment recommendations: I can provide a DIY model using index funds or ETFs for you to implement on your own.
- Get a second opinion: If you want to confirm that you’re on the right path, get a second opinion on financial strategies you’re considering.
- Available nationwide (mostly): Although I’m in Colorado, most states allow us to work together under current conditions (except Louisiana).
What to Expect
Not everybody needs an in-depth financial plan right now. If you have a pressing issue or you just want a second opinion on something, this is an excellent solution.
- An 80-minute phone or video call devoted to your questions and your situation.
- You can upload documents securely before the meeting so I have easy access to everything during our call.
- Ask your questions and voice your concerns. If I know the answers or can find them during our time, I’ll tell you.
- I might review documents ahead of time, but do not count on that.
- I do not prepare reports or conduct any analysis outside of our time together.
- Fully online process, including signing the agreement and payment by credit card or bank draft.
Important: Unfortunately, I might not know the answer to every question, or I can’t complete a sufficient analysis during a brief one-time engagement. If that happens, you’re welcome to engage at a deeper level (I currently have a multi-hour minimum) or explore other ways to work with me. It’s best to tell me what you want to talk about before you sign up so that I can tell you if I’m likely to be helpful.
- You pay $500 before the meeting.
- Payment is typically by credit card or bank draft, although checks may be allowed.
How to Get Started
It’s best to have a short discussion to help me understand what you need. Start by scheduling a call. If you prefer to begin the process by email, you can send a message to Info@ApproachFP.com, but please don’t include any confidential information.Schedule Now!
Who Should Not Sign Up
It’s okay if we’re not a perfect fit—somebody else out there may be better for you. Please don’t waste your time with me if you meet any of the following criteria.
- You want to invest your 401(k) or IRA savings in individual real estate that you own or manage.
- You want a detailed analysis of individual stocks or bonds. Generally, I’m not a fan of individual holdings, although I realize you may be stuck with some holdings that we may need to work around (and I might be able to provide ideas on that).
- You want a detailed retirement income plan that calculates how your investments, Social Security, taxes, pension, and other resources work together. Please consider my one-time planning services instead. I can’t pull that off in 80 minutes.
- See the questions you should ask a financial advisor before hiring them.
- Justin Pritchard, CFP® is a fee-only fiduciary financial advisor.
- Curious why you might work with an advisor online? See the pros and cons of online planning.
- You can learn more about Justin Pritchard’s background and experience on the About page.
Not ready to talk just yet? Get your two free guides on retirement and conservative investing. You’ll also get a series of educational emails (with an easy, one-click unsubscribe) from this page. That way, we can stay in touch, and you can decide if I’m the right fit for you.